How to Use Notepad/SimpleText To Create Simple Web Pages
To create stunning web pages, you need nothing more than
Notepad (Windows) or SimpleText (Macintosh). In fact, you
don't even need to know anything about HTML to create a web
page right now! Don't believe me?
- Launch Notepad or SimpleText and create a new
- Type the following: HTML is fun!
- Save the document as test1.html to some place logical,
like the desktop.
- Open a new window in your web browser.
- From the "File" menu, select
"Open" then locate your test1.html file where
you saved it.
- Click "Open" again if necessary (Windows)
Anything you type into a text file will display on your
computer through the browser, provided you add the
".html" or ".htm" to the end of the file